Public Speaking Award for Vic Young Insurance Professionals
As a Young Professional in the insurance industry it is inevitable that at some stage of your career you will need to speak publicly.
The Ron Shorter Memorial Award is a public speaking competition for all young professionals, across all insurance industry disciplines in Victoria and NSW.
Ron Shorter held positions as a loss adjuster, liability claims supervisor, claims manager and legal practice manager. During his time in each of these roles, Ron inspired and mentored many young professionals. He passed away in February 2012 and the award is now in its fourth year.
The award is run by the Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA) which has invited YIPs members to apply.
YIPs considers the award would be of great benefit to its members working in the insurance industry in Victoria.* This competition is not restricted to lawyers!
Applications close Friday 1 May 2015 and must be emailed to AILA President Susan Vidler firstname.lastname@example.org
The ultimate winner will receive the Ron Shorter Trophy, a Westfield Voucher worth $500 and the opportunity to speak publicly against the NSW competition winner at the AILA National Conference being held in Melbourne in October 2015.
The runners up will each receive a Westfield voucher worth $200.
And even if you don't win, we think there are other benefits of participating:
- confidence and skills to speak publicly: an inevitable part of a career in the insurance industry
- develop your brand in the insurance industry
- build your organisation's brand in the insurance industry
- you may become a more interesting person
If you have any questions please contact AILA President Susan Vidler on 02 8274 2811 or by email to email@example.com .
* Please note that although YIPs are happy to support AILA in this competition, this is not run by YIPs, nor does YIPs have any control over or involvement in the running of the competition including any personal or other information you choose to supply.