The Ron Shorter Memorial Award is a public speaking competition for all young professionals, across all insurance industry disciplines in Victoria, New South Wales and for the first time Queensland.
Ron Shorter held positions as a loss adjuster, liability claims supervisor, claims manager and legal practice manager. During his time in each of these roles, Ron inspired and mentored many young professionals. He passed away in February 2012 and the award is now in its fourth year.
The award is run by the Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA) which has invited YIPs members to apply.
YIPs considers the award would be of great benefit to its members working in the insurance industry in Victoria and Queensland.*
Although run by AILA, this competition is not restricted to lawyers! In fact, the inaugural 2015 Ron Shorter award in Victoria had a record number of YIPs apply and make it through the quarter final and semi final stages with YIPs member Laura Gaffey from Gilchrist Connell making the Victorian finals.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 2 May 2016 and must be emailed to AILA National Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The ultimate winner will receive the Ron Shorter Trophy, a Westfield EFPOST Voucher and the opportunity to speak publicly at the AILA National Conference being held in Adelaide in October 2016.
And even if you don't win, we think there are other benefits of participating:
- confidence and skills to speak publicly: an inevitable part of a career in the insurance industry
- develop your brand in the insurance industry
- build your organisation's brand in the insurance industry
- you may become a more interesting person
If you have any questions please contact AILA - Victoria Saccaro on 1300 699 140 or email email@example.com or see the AILA website www.aila.com.au
* Please note that although YIPs are happy to support AILA in this competition, this is not run by YIPs, nor does YIPs have any control over or involvement in the running of the competition including any personal or other information you choose to supply.