Contribute to business growth objectives by the development of new business and retention of existing business.
- Management of a portfolio of business, with a particular emphasis on profitable growth.
- Maintaining client relationships.
- Provide professional advice to clients in all matters affecting their insurance program needs.
- Present recommendations and options to clients; reaching agreement and receiving instructions on their implementation.
- Keep clients fully briefed throughout the year on market trends and how they may be affected.
- Maintain regular personal and telephone contact with clients throughout the year.
- Visiting clients when required
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the insured and other third parties including underwriters.
- Gather underwriting information from clients.
- Obtain renewal instructions from clients.
- Negotiate terms with underwriters.
- Prepare renewal documents ensuring finalisation of new policies within timeframes and attaching applicable specifications to the proposal to form part of the document.
- Tier 1
- Preferred tertiary qualifications in a business related discipline
- Obtain and retain qualifications as determined by legislation from time to time in order to provide advice to the public and comply with any financial services legislation and regulation enacted by the Commonwealth of Australia or the States
- Equivalent broking experience
- Technical Insurance/Broking skills
- Insurance products
– Ability to comprehend and interpret insurance policy wordings
- Claims processes and claims broking
- Literacy in technology
- Ability to utilise insurance based computer software
- Invoicing and credit control procedures