The Business Development Management role is responsible for generating new business from the Broker sector and meeting production targets by introducing your company’s product range to existing and new producers.
The role will also involve training producers in the companies product range and an integral part of the role will be driving ongoing sales and identifying new opportunities for growth.
- Establish and build new relationships with existing and potential producers that have prospective business that meets the companies underwriting criteria
- Maintain existing relationships in order to protect existing books of business
- Be prepared to travel throughout Victoria and interstate on occasion
- Develop an in depth understanding of your company’s products
- Co-ordinate any marketing campaigns to prospects
- Conduct broker training and presentations
- Provide feedback to the underwriting department to ensure quality service and underwriting standards are maintained
- Assist brokers with product and business queries
- Assist in general department matters when required
- Demonstrate business planning skills to achieve visitation & sales targets
- Knowledge of the Insurance industry (desirable)
- Business development and marketing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Written and oral communication
- Negotiation skills
- A driven sales approach that ensures targets are met
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and strong understanding of business requirements
- Excellent analytical skills
- Computer literate ie Microsoft Office & Microsoft Excel