The forensic accountant resolves financial insurance losses, including business interruption, stock, fidelity, product recall, product guarantee, by investigating claims through detailed analysis of accounting records, external sources & general enquiry.
They are also responsible for assessing quantum, negotiating losses with corporate management, brokers, lawyers, accountants or public adjusters representing the insured entity.
- Investigate and assess financial insurance losses from first advice to final settlement
- Provide support & advice to policy holders with respect to their losses
- Examine claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverage in the event of a financial loss
- Service current clients, build relationships and undertake marketing activities to grow client base
- Investigate insurance claims by interviewing claimants and witnesses, obtaining official reports, by inspecting physical damage, by comparing claim information with evidence or by consulting with
- Set loss reserves
- Prepare reports by collecting and summarising information
- Indentify potential litigation when appropriate
- Present evidence and serves as an expert witness at legal proceedings
- Thorough knowledge of accounting terminology, practices and conditions
- Excellent English and report writing skills
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability
- Professional and positive outlook
- Work without supervision
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Associate/Member of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Relevant Bachelor Degree
- Drivers Licence