YIPs Event Code Of Conduct
Whilst we aim to ensure everyone has a great time and gets the most out of our events, it is also important that we ensure there are a few guidelines in place to make YIPs events an awesome experience for all attendees.
As such, the sale and use of tickets to all events run by YIPs are governed by the following Code of Conduct. Please make sure you take the time to read and familiarise yourself with or Code of Conduct.
- This code of conduct applies to all events are organized by Young Insurance Professionals (YIPs), Australia & New Zealand Inc. (‘YIPs’).
- By registering for and/or attending any event, attendees agree to comply with this Code of Conduct and accept all of its conditions.
- Any failure to comply with or breach of the Code of Conduct may result in:
- Immediate cancellation of your ticket, with no refund (where applicable) for tickets or any other associated costs;
- Ejection from the event; and
- A ban from future YIPs events.
- The named ticket holder remains responsible for the use of the ticket, whether or not they are the actual attendee of the event.
- Attendees must abide by any rules, terms or conditions outlined by the venue, irrespective of said rules being expressed verbally or in writing in addition to their obligations under this code of conduct.
- Attendees are required to adhere to all federal, state and local laws and by-laws regarding of use of venue and behaviour at events.
- Dangerous and/or illegal activities will not be tolerated, including but not limited to:
- Aggressive actions towards other attendees;
- Offensive behaviour (including but not limited to sexist, racist or otherwise demeaning language);
- Indecent exposure;
- Fighting; and
- Possession of weapons which could result in substantial risk or harm to persons or property.
- Attendees participating in the aforementioned or other dangerous and/or illegal activities will be ejected from the event.
- Respect and consideration must always be given to other attendees and any members of the general public. Rudeness, use of indecent language and other obscenities will not be tolerated, and may result in being ejected from the event.
- Behaviour involving of discrimination on the basis of race, gender, appearance, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity or disability will not be tolerated and may result in the offender being ejected from the event.
- Every due care has been taken to ensure the venue is safe. Attendees agree that YIPs, its management, volunteers and members are not responsible for any loss, damage, theft or injury that occurs during any event. Attendees are responsible for their individual actions and any repercussions that may result.
- Venue-organised security at events are there to ensure the safety of attendees, venue staff, volunteers and venue. Attendees agree that security personnel may eject attendees from any event for endangering the safety of other attendees, staff, volunteers, venue or themselves or for breaching this Code of Conduct.