Wherever these terms appear in the following Terms & Conditions:
- a) “YIPs”, “we”, “us” and “our” means ‘Young Insurance Professionals (‘YIPS’) Australia & New Zealand Inc’, an Australian incorporated association (A0056390B) including its officers, agents and employees.
- b) “Website” refers to the website identified by the primary Uniform Resource Locators (URL) www.yips.org.au including any other URLs pointing to that address such as Facebook or LinkedIn.
- c) “You” and “your” means all users of our website.
- d) “Account” refers to any account or event registration you place through our website.
- a) These Terms and Conditions govern the legal relationship between you and us (if any). You should read them carefully before using our website. We recommend you print and keep them.
- b) If you continue to browse our website, book events through the site or use or purport to rely on any information contained herein you are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- c) These Terms and Conditions apply to all users of our site and all of your dealings with us. It is your responsibility to keep yourself updated with the latest version of the Terms and Conditions by accessing them on our website. There are links to it throughout the site so there is no reason why you cannot do that.
- d) The applicable Terms and Conditions are those listed on the website and shall supersede all previous terms and conditions and other communications by us to you, unless expressly stated otherwise in writing.
- e) These Terms and Conditions may be altered from time to time without notice to you.
3) APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
- a) This contract shall be exclusively governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia regardless of where in the world you access the YIPS website from.
- b) By using the YIPs website, you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts in the State of Victoria in the unlikely event of a dispute which cannot be solved using our dispute resolution processes.
4) EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES
- a) This section clearly sets out the limits of any conditions or warranties which apply to use of our website. This section is necessary as there are some very litigious people out there.
- b) The only conditions and warranties which apply to information or representations contained on this website (if any) are those imposed by applicable Victorian and Commonwealth statutes.
- c) All other conditions or warranties, whether express or implied, in respect of information or representations contained on this website, are expressly excluded.
- d) To the greatest extent permitted by Victorian law, our liability, if any, arising from an alleged breach of any implied conditions or warranties shall be limited to and completely discharged, at our option by refunding the amount you paid us (if anything) which you may have paid us through the website.
- e) We have no liability (including liability for negligence) for any loss or damage (including but not limited to legal costs, consequential damage and/or personal injury), which in any way relates to, arises from, was caused by or resulted directly or indirectly from any shortcomings or deficiency of any nature or kind in the information supplied and/or
representations made (if any) on this website or by attending or at an event booked or advertised through this website.
f) IN ALL CASES, OUR MAXIMUM LIABILITY IS THE LESSER OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT YOU PAID US (IF ANYTHING) or AUD$1.
5) Information contained on this website
- a) The information contained in this site is of a general and generic nature only. We cannot possibly know your individual circumstances and you are solely responsible for independently verifying any information you obtain from our website before relying upon it or using it for your own unique personal circumstances. This is especially the case for any information contained on this website in relation to careers or jobs.
- b) By accessing this website, you accept and warrant that you do not rely on our skill and judgement or the accuracy of any information or representations contained on this website.
- c) The information and/or representations made on this website are correct to the best of our knowledge and efforts but we accept no responsibility for errors.
- d) We make no future representations in relation to any of information and/or representations made on this website.
- e) We will endeavour to correct any errors in such descriptions or representations as soon as is practicable after they are brought to our attention in writing.
- f) The opinions expressed on this website do not necessarily reflect those of YIPS, its officers, Management Committee or its sponsors/corporate supporters.
- g) All information contained on this website is subject to the copyright of YIPs unless specifically acknowledged to the contrary in writing.
6) ADULT MATERIAL
a) If you are using our site you warrant to us that you are an adult as that is defined in your jurisdiction. This is especially because some of information and/or representations made on this website contains content which may offend some people.
7) ACCOUNTS AND PURCHASES MADE THROUGH OUR SITE
- a) Creating an account through the YIPS website does not necessarily mean you become or are a member of Young Insurance Professionals (YIPS) Australia & New Zealand Inc. Membership of that organisation is entirely subject to its Constitution.
- b) You do not have any ownership rights over any account you create and all property in that account, including the information you have provided, remains with us.
- c) These Terms and Conditions shall apply to anything you purchase (such as event tickets) or information you obtain from us.
- d) You are responsible and liable for all purchases made through your account.
- e) It is your responsibility to advise us of any changes to any of your account details. This includes but is not limited to your address or other contact information. If you cannot change your details through the website itself, you must advise us of the change in writing before it takes effect.
- f) The listing of anything on our website, including but not limited to events or products, shall not be construed or operate as an offer or obligation for us to invite you to that event or sell that items to you.
- g) Prices shown on the website may change without prior notice to you.
- h) Purchases made through this website will be charged in Australian dollars (AUD$).
- i) It is difficult for us to change or cancel a purchase made through the website after you make it.
- j) If you want to change or cancel a purchase made through the website you should contact us immediately in writing using the contact information provided in the ‘Contact Us’ section of the website and we will do our best to action your request, if reasonably practicable.
- k) These Terms and Conditions continue to apply to your purchase made through the website in the event we are unable to change or cancel your purchase as requested.
8) TERMS OF PAYMENT
- a) Tickets for event bookings will not be valid until full payment is made.
- b) Payments made online are deemed to be made at the time cleared funds are received by our banking system.
- c) You will be liable for any costs incurred by us, if it is your fault your payment does not properly clear into our banking system for whatever reason, including our costs of recovering that amount from you.
- d) We do not receive nor retain your credit card information.
- e) We shall not be liable for any failure or delay in delivery which are reasonably beyond our control including, but not limited to, delays caused by acts of God, fire, terrorism, industrial disputes, stock shortages, shortage of labour, shipping delays, or hordes of termites.
9) ACCEPTANCE, DISPUTES, COMPLAINTS
- a) If you have any dispute or complaint arising from your use of the YIPS website you must give us written notice within 5 business days from the date the products were purchased.
- b) If you fail to give us such written notice, you shall be deemed to have accepted whatever you purchased or booked from us and/or may have difficulty convincing us otherwise.
- c) We will consider your written dispute and advise you of our decision as soon as practicable, having regard to the type of dispute you have raised, the product involved and any other relevant factors including these Terms and Conditions.
- d) By using the website, you agree to follow the above dispute resolution process first and before taking any further steps against us.
- e) Failure to follow the above dispute resolution process will allow us to rely on these Terms and Conditions as an absolute bar and stay to any legal proceedings you may commence against us.
10) COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS
- a) All of information and/or representations made on this website and our website are subject to our Copyright. Any infringement will be regarded harshly and will be prosecuted without mercy. We have good lawyers.
- b) Where we have replicated or provided information which we have sourced from a third person or entity, we accept no liability for any loss, damages, penalties, costs and expenses which arises from an infringement of any patent, trade mark, registered design, copyright or common law right by those other parties, nor for any inaccuracies in the information they provide.
- b) We collect personal information from you when you set up an account. The information you provide is collected by us, to assist us with processing and delivering any purchase you make through the website.
- c) It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide or which we hold about you is accurate and correct.
- d) You should correct any errors in the information we hold about you, through the website. If you are unable to do that, please contact us and we will try and assist you.
- e) You can access your account information through the website whenever the website is operational.
- f) The privacy of your information is important to us. The information you provide will not be provided to third parties such as sponsors, except in aggregate form which does not identify you personally.
- g) The exception to this is for any disclosure required by law, to assist us or our insurers defend a claim or manage our risk, or for law enforcement purposes. Even then, we will only release that information which is reasonably necessary for that purpose.